2022 TOTS COOKING! classes (ages 2-10)
Every Thursday July & Aug 11am-12:30pm
Each class begins with a harvest tour of the farm, where we will all gather the things we need and learn about how they were produced. Then we’ll bring them back to the Farm Market and turn them into delectable delicacies – while you learn simple ways to incorporate fresh, farm-to-table eating at home. Pre-registration is required online at the link below. Class size is limited and classes will fill so don’t delay!
- Thurs July 7: Pancake Party! Like the Little Red Hen, harvest some wheat and make it into… pancakes!
- Thurs July 14: Fairy Gardening: take a journey to fairy-land by planting our own fairy garden! We will include some herbs, flowers, and foods for the fairies to eat.
- Thurs July 21: Pasta Party! Break eggs on purpose and make spaghetti to eat for lunch!
- Thurs July 28: Picking a Peck of Pickled Peppers… We will learn to make pickles and fermented foods, which we will find surprisingly easy and delicious!
- Thurs Aug 4: We Be Jammin’! Pick berries, make jam, & take a jar home
- Thurs Aug 11: Wild & Wonderful Watermelons: Taste a sweet rainbow of watermelons! We’ll go on a watermelon scavenger hunt & season our treasures with flavor sensations. We’ll make and eat a delicious watermelon fruit salad using our wide variety of organic melons.
- Thurs Aug 18: Simple Simon Met a Pieman… make some fruit pies and eat them!
- Thurs Aug 25: Naked Tomatoes! Go on a tomato scavenger hunt & season your treasures with a flavor sensation. Learn how to preserve tomatoes for sauce and take home a jar of your own organic jarred Naked Tomatoes!
Led by our Farm Educator, these classes are fun for families, friends, and make great gifts too! NOTE: all recipes are vegetarian, and we can accommodate vegan or other diets in most classes. Just ask!
Tots’ and Kids’ classes are $20 per child, $10 for additional children. Tag-alongs under 2 are free. Adults are $8.95 pp which is the Fun Fields Admission fee.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) members at any Garden of Eve CSA pick-up location sign up for one class FREE! Email us for your coupon code!