LITTLE FARMER EXPLORERS (ages 4-10)
Every Saturday July-August, 10am-11am
Tour the farm each week to see what’s growing, harvest some fruits and vegetables, maybe collect eggs from the chickens! Learn about how things grow.
- Fun for families, friends, and make great gifts too! Includes admission to Fun Fields play area. Pre-registration requested but drop-ins are allowed.
- Parents are welcome to come along, or kids can be dropped off for the program (or parents can wait at the Farm Market during the program).
- Includes admission to Fun Fields play area. $15 per child, $10 per adult and $40 Family Package includes 4+ people in the same family.
TOTS COOKING! classes (ages 2-10)
Every Thursday July & Aug 11am-12:30pm
Each class begins with a harvest tour of the farm, where we will all gather the things we need and learn about how they were produced. Then we’ll bring them back to the Farm Market and turn them into delectable delicacies – while you learn simple ways to incorporate fresh, farm-to-table eating at home.
- Led by our Farm Educator, these classes are fun for families, friends, and make great gifts too! NOTE: all recipes are vegetarian, and we can accommodate vegan or other diets in most classes. Just ask!
- Pre-registration required online at the links below. Class size is limited and Some classes will fill so don’t delay!
- Tots’ and Kids’ classes are $20 per child, $10 for additional children, or $60 for a series of ANY 4 classes during the summer ($30 per series for addl children). Tag-alongs under 2 are free. Adults are $7.95 pp which is the Fun Fields Admission fee (BOGO adult admission on weekdays in July and August!). FREE FOR CSA MEMBERS.
- Classes are FREE for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) members at any Garden of Eve CSA pick-up location.
Thurs July 9: Pancake Party! Like the Little Red Hen, harvest some wheat and make it into… pancakes!
- Thurs July 16: Fairy Gardening: take a journey to fairy-land by planting our own fairy garden! We will include some herbs and foods for the fairies to eat.
- Thurs July 23: Pasta party! Break eggs on purpose and make spaghetti to eat for lunch
- Thurs July 30: Picking a Peck of Pickled Peppers… We will learn to make pickles and fermented foods, which we will find surprisingly easy and delicious!
- Thurs Aug 13: Wild & Wonderful Watermelons: Taste a sweet rainbow of watermelons! We’ll go on a watermelon scavenger hunt & season our treasures with flavor sensations. We’ll make and eat a delicious watermelon fruit salad using our wide variety of organic melons.
- Thurs Aug 6: We Be Jammin’! Pick berries, make jam, & take a jar home
- Thurs Aug 20: Simple Simon Met a Pieman… make some fruit pies and eat them!
- Thurs Aug 27: Naked Tomatoes! Go on a tomato scavenger hunt & season your treasures with a flavor sensation. Learn how to preserve tomatoes for sauce and take home a jar of your own organic jarred Naked Tomatoes!
BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND OTHER PRIVATE EVENTS can be scheduled through October, includes 3 hours in our private party area indoors or outdoors. Packages start at just $350 and include lunches for 15 kids or $100 credit towards catering! Tons of fun for both kids and adults. Spend your special day on the farm, playing with farm animals and friends in the beautiful clean air, in a child-safe and nourishing environment! Catering from our farm café’ available, as well as Farm Brewery beer. See www.gardenofevefarm.com for details.