Winter/Spring CSA Share 2020-21
WHEN AND WHERE DO I PICK UP? NOTE THESE DATES! CLICK HERE FOR ALL LOCATIONS and PICK UP TIMES
THURSDAYS: Dec 3, Dec 17, Jan 7, 2021, Feb 4, Mar 4, April 8, April 29. (Roslyn; Bayport; Bay Ridge, Bushwick; Forest Hills; Hollis Hills, Sunnyside, Manhattan)
SATURDAYS: Saturdays: Dec 5, Dec 19, Jan 9, 2020, February 6, March 6, April 10, May 1 (Riverhead at the Farm; Williamsburg; Glendale; Bed-Stuy; Brooklyn Heights; Carroll Gardens; Kensington Windsor Terrace;)
SUNDAYS: Dec 6, Dec 20, Jan 10, 2020, Feb 7, March 7, April 11, May 2 (Forest Hills Greenmarket; Park Slope Market, Kew Gardens)
WHAT IS THE WINTER CSA SHARE?
WINTER CSA SHARES come to you monthly Dec-May (twice in Dec), for a total of 7 shares. You get approx 10-20 lbs of produce each pick up.
WINTER SHARE with EGGS includes produce and 1 dozen eggs grown at Garden of Eve. $385 ($55/pick up/7 pick ups).
- FALL (Dec-Jan) includes our own fresh organic field-grown greens such as kale, collards, Swiss chard, and Brussels sprouts, as well as stored items such as beets, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage, celeriac, daikon, onions, garlic, and winter squash.
- WINTER (Feb-March) may include mainly stored items such as beets, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rutabagas, celeriac, and garlic, and butternut winter squash.
- SPRING (April-May) may include our own fresh greenhouse and field grown delicacies such as mesclun lettuce and cooking greens, such as baby kale, mizuna, mustards, bok choi, Swiss chard, etc.
WINTER SHARE NO EGGS
will include 1-2 additional veg items or sometimes apples, compared to the regular WINTER SHARE WITH EGGS. $385 ($55/pick up/7 pick ups).
WINTER SHARE WITH GROCERIES AND EGGS
will include Garden of Eve vegetables in slightly smaller quantities than the other shares, plus approx $15 worth (2-4 items) of “locavore” products each month including NYS grains, pickles, jarred tomatoes; organic nuts, honey and maple syrup, and other NYS grown products. $385 ($55/pick up/7 pick ups).
EGG Shares: Available as a stand-alone item without the vegetable winter share. Receive one dozen eggs each pick up, for each of 7 pick ups, for $50 (i.e. $7/dozen for 7 pickups). You may buy as many additional egg shares as you want (i.e. 3 egg shares, get 3 dozen per month).
PLANT Shares: A one-time pick up on April 29/May 1/2 (depending on your pick up location).
Select among 16+ different “COLLECTIONS”, each of 4 certified organic potted herb and vegetable plants we grow for your windowsill or your garden. Plant Shares include 4 plants for $18 ($4.50 each includes sales tax), order any multiple to get as many plants as you need for spring!
ADD-ON OPTIONS: You must subscribe to one of the above shares to be eligible for the following:
- Winter Fruit Share includes 2-3 lbs non-organic Long Island apples every month, as well as 1-2 items of the following: apple cider and other fruit juices, frozen berries (organic), organic Florida oranges, tangerines and grapefruit Jan-March. $105 per share ($15 per pick up)
- Cheese & Dairy share includes NYS produced organic yogurt, and Long-Island, NYS and VT farmstead cheeses of all kinds, usually 3 different items per month. Cheese & Dairy share is $140 ($20/pick up x 7).
- BEER Share: one “crowler” (32 oz, will fill 4-5 pint glasses) of craft beer from Garden of Eve Farm Brewery, made right here on the farm by Farmer Chris, using NYS and farm-grown ingredients. A different beer every month such as American Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Stout, Pilsner, Hard Cider and more. $100 for 7 Crowler cans, 1 at each pick up ($14 each)
- Bay Ridge (Thurs): Home of a member at 1227 92 st.
- Brooklyn Heights (Sat) : 50 Monroe Pl, First Unitarian Congregational Church
- Bushwick (Thursday): 234 Starr Street
- Bed-Stuy: At Grandchamps Restaurant, on 197 Patchen st., Thurs
- Williamsburg, Brooklyn at McCarren Park Farmers Market (9am-1pm, Saturdays)
- Carroll Gardens: Transit Garden at corner of 2nd St x Smith Place
- Kensington Windsor Terrace at Della Restaurant (Sat, 1238 Prospect Ave,
- Glendale (Glendale Community Garden, corner of 88th Street and 7th Avenue
- Forest Hills at the Forest Hills Farmers Market SUNDAYS,, on the South Side of Queens Boulevard x 70th St, in front of the Forest Hills Jewish Center.
- Hollis Hills near Hollis Hills Jewish Center, 80-11 210th Street, THURS
- Kew Gardens SUNDAY (Kew Gardens Cinema Park, 8105 Lefferts Blvd,
- SUNNYSIDE Thurs at Sunnyside Community Center, 43-31 39th Street,
- Roslyn, Long Island (Temple Sinai of Roslyn, 425 Roslyn Rd, THURS pm 3-7)
- At the Riverhead Farm (4558 Sound Ave, any time Saturday or Sunday)
- Bayport: Bayport Flower House, 940 Montauk Highway, Bayport.
HOW DO I SIGN UP? CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP ONLINE
If you are a current winter share member, you can CLICK HERE to manage your account on the online system
We handle all winter share signups directly through the farm so questions should be directed to us at email@example.com or 631-722-8777 x 5
We send out reminders before each date – let us know if you know of someone who has a winter share who’s not getting our emails.
WINTER SHARE PICK UP SITE LOCATIONS: DAYS AND TIMES
|UWS Manhattan:||10:30 am-12 pm|
|Brooklyn Heights – Sweet Pea CSA||50 Monroe Place||First Unitarian Congregational Church (on corner of Monroe and Pierrepont)||approx 10am-12pm||SAT|
|Bay Ridge/ Yellow Hook, Brooklyn||TH|
|Bushwick, Brooklyn||234 Starr St||Square Meals, a private business||9 am-11:30||SAT|
|Riverhead Farm||4558 Sound Avenue||Pick up at Garden of Eve Organic Farm and Market||anytime, self service||Fri after 5pm, Sat-Sun|
|Bayport, Long Island||940 Montauk Highway||Bayport Flower House||3 pm-6 pm thurs & 8am-6pm Fri||no meat||THURS-FRI|
|Mt. Sinai, Long Island||524 Route 25A||Land and Sea Fish Market on south side of 25A||9am-7:30 pm||THURS|
|Roslyn/East Hills JCC *||300 Forest Drive||At Sid Jacobson JCC||Thurs 3pm-7pm||no meat, cheese||THURS|
|Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn||108 Carroll St||Jesus & Mary & St. Stephen Catholic Church||10 am-12 pm||SAT|
|Glendale, Queens||corner of 88th Street and 7th Avenue||At Glendale Community Garden||8:00 am-9:30 am||SAT|
|Williamsburg- McCarren Park||McCarren Park, Driggs and N 12th Street||Next to dog run at McCarren Park near the Farmer’s Market at Union Ave between Driggs and N 12th Street||9:00 am-1 pm||SAT|
|Bed Stuy||197 Patchen Ave, Brooklyn||Grandchamps Restaurant||9 am-12 pm||SAT|
|Forest Hills Farmer’s Market||South side of Queens Blvd x 70th Street||Pick up will be out of our truck at the Forest Hills Greenmarket in front of the Forest Hills Jewish Center||Sun 9 am-2 pm||SUN
only veg, frt, flower and egg avail
|Kew Gardens||8105 Lefferts Blvd||Kew Gardens Cinema Park||Sun 10 am-12 pm||Y|