Winter/Spring CSA Share 2018-2019
SUMMER/FALL 2018 shares are now on sale! CLICK HERE
WHAT IS THE WINTER CSA SHARE?
NEW THIS YEAR: CUSTOMIZE YOUR BOX!
Customized boxes will allow you to select preferences at sign-up and then customize each pick up based on our harvest. This will help you actually use everything in the box because you’ll love everything you are getting! On a special diet and can’t eat potatoes? Not a problem, just switch them out for a different item you prefer. Want eggs some months but not others? Not a problem, just switch them out.
NEW THIS YEAR: VACATION HOLDS
Vacation planned? Need to change your dropsite? No problem. You can easily put a “hold” on your box and schedule two boxes on a different pick up date so no more missing out on those veggies you paid for.
WINTER CSA SHARE TYPES:
Pre-boxed pickups, twice in December and monthly Jan-May:
“Full Diet” WINTER SHARE includes produce and eggs grown at Garden of Eve. $385 ($55/pick up/7 pick ups).
- FALL (Dec-Jan) includes our own fresh organic field-grown greens such as kale, collards, Swiss chard, and Brussels sprouts, as well as stored items such as beets, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage, celeriac, daikon, onions, garlic, and winter squash.
- WINTER (Feb-March) may include mainly stored items such as beets, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rutabagas, celeriac, and garlic, and butternut winter squash.
- SPRING (April-May) may include our own fresh greenhouse and field grown delicacies such as mesclun lettuce and cooking greens, such as baby kale, mizuna, mustards, bok choi, Swiss chard, etc.
“Personal/Vegan” WINTER SHARE will include Garden of Eve vegetables but no eggs (eggs will be available as a pay-as-you-go “extra” each delivery). Vegetables in smaller quant. than the Full Diet Share. $210 ($30/pick up)
“GREENS ONLY” WINTER SHARE will include approx. 6-7 bunches/bags of seasonal greens each pick up, from the freezing, windswept winter fields and the warm(ish) Cold Frames. Be aware that they will not be pre-washed (may be quite sandy at times) and may not be pretty, but they will taste great, freezing actually makes them sweeter. Includes: lettuce, collards, kale, chard, chickgreens, cabbage, arugula, spinach, etc. $140 ($20/pick up)
EGG Shares: Available as a stand-alone item without the vegetable winter share. Receive one dozen eggs each pick up, for each of 7 pick ups, for $45 (i.e. $6.50/dozen for 7 pickups). You may buy as many additional egg shares as you want (i.e. 3 egg shares, get 3 dozen per month).
MEAT share will include grassfed, hormone-free beef, pork, lamb, whole Garden of Eve-raised antibiotic-free chickens, Long Island Duckling. (pork-free shares available) $350 ($50/ea for 7 pick ups) CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
PLANT Shares: A one-time pick up on May 4 (May 5 for Sunday sites). New! select among any of the 50 varieties of certified organic potted herb and vegetable plants we grow for your windowsill or your garden. See all the choices and more info at www.gardenofevefarm.com/plants.htm. Plant Shares include 4 plants for $16 ($4 each includes sales tax), order any multiple to get as many plants as you need for spring!
ADD-ON OPTIONS: You must subscribe to one of the above shares to be eligible for the following:
- Winter Fruit Share includes 2-3 lbs non-organic Long Island apples every month, as well as 1-2 items of the following: apple cider and other fruit juices, frozen berries (organic), organic Florida oranges, tangerines and grapefruit Jan-March. $105 per share ($15 per pick up)
- Cheese & Dairy share includes NYS produced organic yogurt, and Long-Island, NYS and VT farmstead cheeses of all kinds, usually 3 different items per month. Cheese & Dairy share is $140 ($20/pick up x 7).
- Bread Share: one large loaf of bread each month, all delicious, locally made, probiotic and crusty. Includes breads such as Multigrain, Sourdough, Rye, and Beer Bread. $45 ($6.43/pick up x 7)
- BEER Share: one “growler” (half a gallon, 4-5 pint glasses) of craft beer from Garden of Eve Farm Brewery, made right here on the farm by Farmer Chris and his Bro’s, using NYS and farm-grown ingredients. A different beer every month such as American Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Stout, Pilsner, Hard Cider and more. $170 for 7 growlers, 1 each pick up ($24 per)
WHEN AND WHERE DO I PICK UP? NOTE THESE DATES!
(confused? see CHART AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)
LI SITES (not at the farm: Bayport, Mt Sinai, Stonybrook TBD): THURS Nov 29, Dec 13, 2018, Jan 10, 2019, Feb 7, Mar 7, April 11, May 2.
BROOKLYN AND MANHATTAN SITES, Glendale Queens, and Riverhead Farm:
Saturdays: Dec 1, 2018, Dec 15, 2018, January 12, 2019, February 9, March 9, April 13, May 4
QUEENS Forest Hills and Kew Gardens SITES, and Riverhead Farm:
Sundays Dec 2, Dec 16, Jan 13, Feb 10, March 10, April 14, May 5
- None of these are holiday weekends, no volunteer time is required & friends can pick up for you. Check website for exact pick up times for each location.
- Upper West Side (Saturday 10:30am-12 pm At Trinity Lutheran Church, 164 West 100th Street, on 100th btw Amsterdam and Columbus
- Bay Ridge (Saturday, 11am-12:30pm): Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church (corner of 80th Street and 4th Ave) 414 80th Street.
- Bushwick (Saturday, 9 am – 11:30 am): 234 Starr Street
- Bed-Stuy: At Grandchamps Restaurant, on 197 Patchen st., 10am-12pm
- Williamsburg, Brooklyn at McCarren Park Farmers Market (9am-1pm, Satrurdays)
- Carroll Gardens: At Jesus & Mary & St Stephen Roman Catholic Church, 108 Carroll St (Sat, 10am-12pm)
- Kensington Windsor Terrace at Brooklyn Commune Restaurant (Sat, 601 Greenwood Ave, 10am-12pm)
- Glendale (Glendale Community Garden, 8am-10 am), corner of 88th Street and 7th Avenue
- Forest Hills at the Forest Hills Farmers Market SUNDAYS, 9 am -1 pm, on the South Side of Queens Boulevard x 70th St, in front of the Forest Hills Jewish Center.
- Kew Gardens SUNDAY (Kew Gardens Cinema Park, 8105 Lefferts Blvd, 10am-12pm)
- Roslyn, Long Island (THURS pm TBD)
- At the Riverhead Farm (4558 Sound Ave, any time Saturday or Sunday)
- Bayport: Bayport Flower House, 940 Montauk Highway, Bayport. (THURS 1pm-6pm – FRI 8 am-6 pm )
HOW DO I SIGN UP? CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP ONLINE
If you are a current winter share member, you can CLICK HERE to manage your account on the online system
We handle all winter share signups directly through the farm so questions should be directed to us at email@example.com or 631-722-8777
We send out reminders before each date – let us know if you know of someone who has a winter share who’s not getting our emails.
WINTER SHARE PICK UP SITE LOCATIONS: DAYS AND TIMES
|UWS Manhattan: Ansche Chesed *||164 West 100th Street||Trinity Lutheran Church, on 100th btw Amsterdam x Columbus||10:30 am-12 pm||SAT|
|Brooklyn Heights – Sweet Pea CSA||50 Monroe Place||First Unitarian Congregational Church (on corner of Monroe and Pierrepont)||TBD||SAT|
|Greenpoint, Brooklyn||136 Milton St||Greenpoint Church||TBD||SAT|
|Kensington/Windsor Terrace||601 Greenwood Ave||on sidewalk outside Brooklyn Commune Restaurant||10am-12pm||SAT|
|Bay Ridge/ Yellow Hook, Brooklyn||414 80th Street||Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church (corner of 80th Street and 4th Ave)||11am-12:30pm||SAT|
|Bushwick, Brooklyn||234 Starr St||Square Meals, a private business||9 am-11:30||SAT|
|Riverhead Farm||4558 Sound Avenue||Pick up at Garden of Eve Organic Farm and Market||anytime, self service||Fri after 5pm, Sat-Sun|
|Bayport, Long Island||940 Montauk Highway||Bayport Flower House||3 pm-6 pm thurs & 8am-6pm Fri||no meat||THURS-FRI|
|Mt. Sinai, Long Island||524 Route 25A||Land and Sea Fish Market on south side of 25A||12pm-7:30 pm||THURS|
|Roslyn/East Hills JCC *||300 Forest Drive||At Sid Jacobson JCC||Wed 3pm-7pm||no meat, cheese||THURS|
|Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn||108 Carroll St||Jesus & Mary & St. Stephen Catholic Church||10 am-12 pm||SAT|
|Glendale, Queens||corner of 88th Street and 7th Avenue||At Glendale Community Garden||8:30 am-10:30 am||SAT|
|Williamsburg- McCarren Park||McCarren Park, Driggs and N 12th Street||Next to dog run at McCarren Park near the Farmer’s Market at Union Ave between Driggs and N 12th Street||9:00 am-12 pm||SAT|
|Westhampton Beach||85 Mill Road||Westhampton Beach Farmer’s Market||Sat 9 am-1 pm||N||only veg, frt, flower and egg avail|
|Bed Stuy||197 Patchen Ave, Brooklyn||Grandchamps Restaurant, www.grandchamps.nyc, 718-484-4880||9 am-12 pm||SAT|
|Forest Hills Farmer’s Market||South side of Queens Blvd x 70th Street||Pick up will be out of our truck at the Forest Hills Greenmarket in front of the Forest Hills Jewish Center||Sun 9 am-2 pm||SUN
only veg, frt, flower and egg avail
|Kew Gardens||8105 Lefferts Blvd||Kew Gardens Cinema Park||Sun 10 am-12 pm||Y|