Winter/Spring CSA Share 2017-2018
SUMMER/FALL 2018 shares are now on sale! CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE to see Pricing and SIGN UP
WHEN AND WHERE DO I PICK UP? NOTE THESE DATES!
Saturdays: December 2, 2017, January 6, 2018, February 3, March 3, April 7, May 5 (May 5 is Plant Share date)
Sunday Pick ups: Forest Hills & Kew Gardens: Sundays Dec 3, 2017, Jan 7 2018, Feb 4, March 4, April 8, May 6
- At the Riverhead Farm and Bayport: Sat & Sun dates above: Self Service pickup anytime during daylight hours.
- None of these are holiday weekends, no volunteer time is required & friends can pick up for you. Check website for exact pick up times for each location.
WHAT IS THE WINTER CSA SHARE?
Winter shares consist of a pre-boxed, once-a-month pickup from December through May
“Garden of Eve” share includes produce and eggs grown at Garden of Eve. A VEGAN option which replaces eggs with locally grown (non-organic) apples is also available. The Garden of Eve Winter Share is $330 ($55/month for 6 months).
- FALL (Dec-Jan) may include our own fresh organic field-grown greens such as kale, collards, Swiss chard, and Brussels sprouts, as well as some stored items such as beets, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rutabagas, cabbage, celeriac, daikon, onions, garlic, and winter squash.
- WINTER (Feb-March) may include mainly stored items such as beets, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rutabagas, celeriac, and garlic, and butternut winter squash.
- SPRING (April-May) may include our own fresh greenhouse and field grown delicacies such as mesclun lettuce and cooking greens, such as baby kale, mizuna, mustards, bok choi, Swiss chard, etc.
“Shopping Basket” share will include Garden of Eve vegetables and eggs in slightly smaller quantities than the Garden of Eve share, plus 2-3 “locavore” products each month including Garden of Eve’s pickles, jarred tomatoes; organic nuts; NYS grown OG buckwheat, and more. $330 ($55/month for 6 months).
Winter MEAT share will include grassfed, hormone-free beef, pork, lamb, whole antibiotic-free chickens, Long Island Duckling. (pork-free shares available) CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO $300 ($50/month for 6 months).
EGG Shares: Available as a stand-alone item without the vegetable winter share. Receive one dozen eggs each month, for each of 6 months, for $40 (i.e. $6.66/dozen for 6 pickups). You may buy as many additional egg shares as you want (i.e. 3 egg shares, get 3 dozen per month).
PLANT Shares: A one-time pick up on May 6 (May 7 for Sunday sites). Choose one of 12 different Certified Organic potted Herb and Vegetable Collections, for your windowsill or your garden. See all the Collection choices and more info at http://gardenofevefarm.com/plants. Plant Shares are $16 each, includes sales tax.
ADD-ON OPTIONS: You must subscribe to one of the above shares to be eligible for the following:
Winter Fruit Share
Is likely to include: 2-3 lbs non-organic Long Island apples every month, as well as 1-2 items of the following: apple cider and other fruit juices, frozen blueberries (organic), other frozen berries, organic citrus when in season (in Florida!), possibly other fruits. $90 per share ($15 per month)
Winter Cheese & Dairy share will include NYS produced organic yogurt, and Long-Island and NYS cheeses, approx 1-2 lbs per share. Cheese & Dairy share is $120 ($20/month for 6 months).
Winter BREAD SHARE contains one large loaf of whole wheat bread each month, a variety of breads which are all delicious, organic, probiotic and crusty. Oat Bread, Sourdough, Multigrain, and more. CLICK HERE for more info. $40 per share ($6.67 per loaf)
BEER SHARE includes one “growler” (half a gallon, or approx. 4-5 pint glasses) of craft beer from Garden of Eve Farm Brewery (facebook: Garden of Eve Farm Brewery), made right here on the farm by Farmer Chris and his Bro’s, using NYS ingredients and grain and hops grown on the farm and on the North Fork. A different beer every month will likely include favorites such as American Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Stout, Pilsner, and more. $140 is for the 6 growlers, 1 each month ($23.33 per)
WHEN AND WHERE DO WE PICK IT UP?
We are proud to be serving the following CSA locations:
- Upper West Side (Saturday 10:30am-12 pm At Trinity Lutheran Church, 164 West 100th Street, on 100th btw Amsterdam and Columbus
- Bushwick (Saturday, 9 am – 11:30 am): NEW LOCATION 234 Starr Street
- Bed-Stuy: At Grandchamps Restaurant, on 197 Patchen st., 10am-12pm
- Williamsburg, Brooklyn at McCarren Park Farmers Market (9am-1pm, Satrurdays)
- Carroll Gardens: At Jesus & Mary & St Stephen Roman Catholic Church, 108 Carroll St (Sat, 10am-12pm)
- Kensington Windsor Terrace at Brooklyn Commune Restaurant (Sat, 601 Greenwood Ave, 10am-12pm)
- Glendale (Glendale Community Garden, 8am-10 am)
- Forest Hills at the Forest Hills Farmers Market SUNDAYS, 9 am -1 pm, on the South Side of Queens Boulevard x 70th St, in front of the Forest Hills Jewish Center.
- Kew Gardens SUNDAY (Kew Gardens Cinema Park, 8105 Lefferts Blvd, 10am-12pm)
- Roslyn, Long Island (Saturday, 103 Wagon Road, East Hills near Roslyn Heights, 8am-11 am)
- At the Riverhead Farm (4558 Sound Ave, any time Saturday or Sunday)
- Bayport: Bayport Flower House, 940 Montauk Highway, Bayport. (9am-6 pm Sat and Sun)
HOW DO I SIGN UP? CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP ONLINE
If you are a current winter share member, you can CLICK HERE to manage your account on the online system
We handle all winter share signups directly through the farm so questions should be directed to us at email@example.com or 631-722-8777
We send out reminders before each date – let us know if you know of someone who has a winter share who’s not getting our emails.