Sign up for weekly helpings of FRUIT!
June – Thanksgiving, 24 weeks – Imagine… a weekly selection of the freshest fruits straight from NYS and Long Island farms to your table!
SEASONAL FRUIT SCHEDULE
- June: Strawberries
- July: Blueberries, Raspberries, cherries
- August: Peaches, sometimes plums, apricots, nectarines, melons
- September and October: Apples of many different varieties, sometimes heirloom apple varieties, and pears
Fruits are very fresh and flavorful, not all are organic but grown on our next-door neighbor’s farm using lots of compost and low-spray techniques. Of course like you, we prefer organic, but there is almost no commercially available organic “tree-fruit” grown in the Northeastern USA (most organic a
pples, pears, peaches etc you see in the store come from the Pacific Northwest, many are from Argentina and Chile as well).
We do buy organic fruit whenever we can, if we can find it grown in our local area. We grow our own organic strawberries, blueberries and melons on our farm, and at times supplement with both organic and non-organic from area farms.
ies vary based on the changing value of the fruit.
- June-July: During berry season, you are likely to get 2 quarts of strawberries or 3 pints of blueberries in a typical week. Organic blackberries and local raspberries are quite expensive but also
delicious, and a typical week would bring 3 half pints.
- July-September: As we get into “tree fruits” such as sugar plums, prune plums, apricots, white and yellow peaches, donut peaches, and nectarines, the poundage increases to approx 3-4 lbs of two different kinds of fruits each week.
- October- November: mean the end of the summer fruits and the beginning of “apple season”. You will get 3-4 lbs of apples all through the fall, a great value and great for eating, cooking, or storing.
WINTER FRUIT SHARE:
Heirloom apples and pears, organic Florida oranges and grapefruit, frozen berries and some fruit jams made at Garden of Eve with organic ingredients! $15 monthly, approximately 7 lbs of fruit each month!